Question for the mods

BF2player

BSOD
Are we allowed to talk about emulators and how to set them up. I've created a guide on how to get the epsxe emulator working perfectly(step by step guide), but not sure if I can post it. Also, I can give a download link to members for the files that have everything they need to start playing. Not sure if I can post that either.

what kind of emulator?

PSX emulator. Also, it's basically the same setup for the ps2 emulator also, but I don't have a guide for that.
Thought it might be stickied so that everyone can play their favorite console games without paying 40.00-200.00 for a console when they can get it for free. Well, - the cost of buying the game.

i dont think your alowed because its commercial stuff for free, like torrents, they can be mentioned but not discussed

Well, usually on forums like this emulators CAN be discussed, primarily for the reason of home-brew games. There's nothing illegal about that IIRC. But I think technically you have to own the console to be able to own a BIOS. We should just make assumptions and don't ask questions there. Copyrighted material, eh, you will run into problems there.

That's a hard subject. The console is commercial, but I believe the coding for the PSX and the actual emulator is much different. Therefore, the emulator coding would not be commercial and be free for everyone. The games however, are commercial, so you would need to buy those.

Edit: The bios... well I'm not sure about. I think yet again, different coding, therefore not commercial. The bios where made for PC and not made by Sony, therefore they are not commercial?

the bios of the psx must be downloaded from the playstation and put on the computer, so that the emulator can read the file, therefore it is sony code. but pm me all the instructions :)

as long as you dont talk about where to get the games/bios's from and stuff like that then i dont see a problem.

Back
Top Bottom