overclocking a pentium II

through the bios :) just using the clock multiplier thingy and changing the fsb thingy

All I have right now is a P3 with a 1.2 Ghz CPU, oh man I hate this thing, it's so embarassing. I'm surprised your college still uses a P2 though lol that's bad, 10 years old now.

I pushed my 366 to a 550MHz. I'll get that PC back and I'll try a 1200. I'll try it to 2000.

that pentium 4 looking thing is called the chipset :p

haha yea, that'd be the northbridge chip of your chipset, it gets everything from all the ports to the processor, the speed of your chipset can in some cases be just as important if not more important than the speed of your processor

hehe, just overclocked a Pentium II from 133MHz to 465MHz :cool:

gotta love college computers lol only the best will do for us :rolleyes:

What kinda college you go to? College of the 20th century? The worst systems at my high school are P4 2.8GHz systems...best, Athlon X2's 2Ghz. I wouldn't even go to a college that only had P2 systems... I can even get plenty of free P3 systems for myself, at least that beats a P2 233Mhz. I thought P2's were made so that you couldn't overclock them or something... I know Celerons of that age could overclock well.

LIked I said, I OCed the Celeron.

You know something? Our school uses Pentium 200 and 133. Some Celeron 433 and very VERY few P4 2GHZ.

LIked I said, I OCed the Celeron.

You know something? Our school uses Pentium 200 and 133. Some Celeron 433 and very VERY few P4 2GHZ.

Wow, do all your schools have no money? It's a pain in the butt to even surf the net on 233Mhz systems... My school is low on money, but it's probably b/c they get quite a few new systems every year. :rolleyes: I'd be content if all we had were P4 systems. The oldest P4's we got really aren't that bad. We may still have a few P3's, but I think most of them were replaced by this year.

Back
Top Bottom