Wireless problem/ email

CGfreak102

In Runtime
my sister is connecting to my wireless network upstairs in a two story house and the router in down in the basement. she has been have recent problems of her email not sending emails but the page says it is sent, could it be that she has a bad connection, or a low signal. i am baffled with it, and for more information she has a 54 Mbps card, and its transferring at that speed but low signal, its a 802.11g card and my router in a wireless G MIMO rangemax router from netgear, and my moms laptop that also connects to my network is using a 802.11b card, i far as i can remember wouldnt that also bring down my network.

Try moving the computer closer to the router. That way you can determine if connectivity is in fact the problem. It seems likely, as she is in the bassment.

In my adapter there are two indicators: Link strength and link quality...
I have to assure that the quality will be as highest as you can...

Not its not, but here is another thing

is this one reason why im having slow connection speeds or just the internet speed in general, well i have three computers connect via a cat 5 cable, i have my 360 connected in the last LAN spot, plus i have three computers connected to it wirelessly, one of those has a 802.11b the rest are 802.11g,

Are U USA OR Uk or Other i have 4 computers connecting to wireless netowork how many are you.
You might have to many it can handle.
Also have you done the classic pinging?
Ip adress: (Usually):
to ping go start-run-cmd
and type ping 192.168.1.1
and tell me if you get reply.

im in the USA
im not to sure about how many the router can handle but im thinking about upgrading, any recommendations to which type to get
ping results:
packets sent 4, packets recieved 4, packets lost 0
minium time 1ms, maxium 2 ms, average 1ms

Back
Top Bottom