192.168.1.1 "cannot display" my router page! WTF

Chaser8

Beta member
Hey guys,

I just got a new router. It's a D-link. I have a cable modem connected to it. I have a desktop connected to it via ethernet cable and a laptop connected to it via wireless.

I need to open up a port for torrents but I can't access my router using "192.168.1.1" All I get is a page saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." Is there a problem with the setup of my router? My wireless access is password protected --could that be it? How do I set up my network so that I can freely adjust the settings on my router?

Cheers

Do the obvious and try another browser, or another computer first.

The cheaper D-Link's have around a 25% failure rate, so it's most likely broken and their's nothing you can do about it, except get a new one.

try 192.168.0.1 (!!!)...
Any changes should be made from the computer which is connected with the cables... It's better...

try..
go start-run-cmd-ipconfig-the ipadress is the one you have to ping then close once you know the ipadress and then go start-run-cmd-ping:
whatever the ipadress if you get 4 or so reply's go into internet expoler or whatever your browser is and ping it and see if you can get in then.
Post me the results.

Do the obvious and try another browser, or another computer first.

The cheaper D-Link's have around a 25% failure rate, so it's most likely broken and their's nothing you can do about it, except get a new one.

I've tried it on both computers and they both gave me the same message. This D-link came highly recommended and hasn't given me any problems yet, so it must have been something I was doing wrong, not the D-link.

Back
Top Bottom