A tree fell on my truck...

i dont even know what my dream truck would have.. i assume it would have something like a V10.. the truck that got smashed has a 4.2 liter V6.

That's too bad a tree killed your truck.

It could have been worse, you could have been in it. I remember seeing a picture in the back of a Highway Patrol magazine of a kid who's car was hit by a tree as he drove by. It hit him so damn hard, all you could was the top of his head stuffed down between his shoulders. His hair was flat across the top of his shoulders and his hands still looked like they were holding the steering wheel.

Wow, I don't even want to see pics of it. It's crazy how dangerous accidents can occur from your normal routine, even when you aren't doing anything wrong.

Becuase if you believe in god he is a complete wa***r.

Sorry for you and your truck... Do you get a new one with the insurance :)?

Yep. A tree fell on my truck a few hours ago. Completely destroyed my truck and my mental saneness at the same time. The truck I have is a 1999 Ford F-150. Single cab, 4.2 V6, manual transmission. Beautiful truck. It still looked brand new even though it was a '99. Now, its almost completely destroyed. As far as I could tell, the front end is completely smashed. The windshield is pretty well gone, and the top of the cab is dented in pretty bad. We have already contacted our insurance company, and they are providing us with a rental car until we get the truck fixed. If we can't get it fixed, they replace it. We don't know who's insurance is going to cover it yet. The tree that fell was on another persons property, and they have no homeowners insurance. The property we are on is rented out, and my landlords have told us they will do all they can for us. We know for sure that the tree was on the other persons property. The tree also made a pretty big dent on our house too, and pulled out the power cables. A TV, VCR and DVD player all had their fuses blown, because the ground wire (the white one, aka neutral) was ripped out but the power stayed on. The most important part is that nobody got hurt. We just want to get our things back in order as soon as possible. That truck means a lot to me. It was something my and my dad would spend countless hours with, driving around, going on trips, working on it whenever we needed to. Now, that has been crushed... literally. I will have pictures of the damage pretty soon. I already took 27 pictures of the damage with the tree still there, and I am going to get 27 more without the tree. I'm not going to school tomorrow, because I want to get that damned tree of of my truck. If my teachers have something bad to say about that, they can go screw themselves.

So, yeah. That is the primary focal point of my life right now. I don't know about it yet. I'm so pissed off. I'm also sad because I love that truck.

Well... I'm going to be on for a while. I want to get some sleep tonight, but I don't know if I can. I don't know. I just want this to be over. I want my truck back...

By the way, the truck really isn't mine. The title and insurance are in my mom's name. But it is technically my truck.
Wow!!, seeing the name of where you live is Hurricane, I gather it was one?

Err, no. This is Fall season, and that is actually a typical day.

Man, I'm glad you're safe. Your truck seems fixable, from what I've read. If you can post up some pics, I'd be glad.

UPDATE!!!

Got the tree off of the truck. It didn't cause as much damage as I thought. I could have sworn that the hood was bent in and the engine was screwed, but it only had a few scratches there. It still runs!!! The top of the cab is smashed pretty badly and is going to be replaced. The windshield is going with the top as well. We got the truck towed off to a local company who will get it fixed as soon as they can.

I should have some pics later on, I hope.

The insurance is going to cover all costs of repairs to the truck and house, and our landlords might pay to get the tree chipped up and hauled off.

lol @ brookfield, yeah, i live in a town called hurricane.. and no, it wasnt one though it feels like it from time to time.. like i said, 20 mph winds gusts to 50 mph, and it has been raining for the past 4 days.

UPDATE!!!

Got the tree off of the truck. It didn't cause as much damage as I thought. I could have sworn that the hood was bent in and the engine was screwed, but it only had a few scratches there. It still runs!!! The top of the cab is smashed pretty badly and is going to be replaced. The windshield is going with the top as well. We got the truck towed off to a local company who will get it fixed as soon as they can, lol @ brookfield, yeah, i live in a town called Hurricane.. and no, it wasnt one though it feels like it from time to time.. like i said, 20 mph winds gusts to 50 mph, and it has been raining for the past 4 days.
Pleased that it wasn't as badly damaged as you first thought.
This year it's the 20th anniversary of England's so-called "great storm" millions of trees were blown down in a great swathe across the country, winds of up to 110mph+ roared & I mean roared across, sounding like an express train.
We had no electricity for four days, phone lines were down, & mobile phones were almost non-existent, so we had to go out for our lunch, the first day after the storm I drove to Shanklin, six miles away, what a journey!! many diversions, trees across roads, when we got into Shanklin it was a nightmare, only narrow gaps between huge downed trees, expensive cars crushed, it was a road full of hotels, a tourist area, at last we found one that was open & not damaged & so we went in & had to wait nearly two hours until there was a table free, I was lucky with the bungalow had a few ridge tiles missing while the one next door had half it's roof torn off, & the chimney stack came down through a bedroom, I'll never forget it, it was hell on earth!!

Back
Top Bottom