Bandwidth problem?

the indian people at BT already identified a fault on my line. some guy has fixed it all and im on 4.6mb/s, but its still going slow, hmm, maybe it needs to re settle. anyway ill butt out of the thread.

@ keni, did you check for the master socket?

If you are in the UK then goto the master socket. It is the main socket where the phone line comes into the house. You can identify it because it will have a line running accross the centre of the socket. Remove the 2 screws and there is another socket behind there, thats the test socket. Connect your filter and router to that like normal and then run the test again. If the speeds increase then its internal wiring, if the speed is the same then its something outside. I reckon its probably down to orange tho, if you had been with BT broadband i could have done tests for you at work lol.:)

Thats pretty much exactly what i said. And you don't filter your router. That wouldn't make any sense at all. The the purpose of the filter is to filter the digital noise. So that your phones aren't staticy. If you put a filter on the modem than you would loose most of your bandwidth.

Thats pretty much exactly what i said. And you don't filter your router. That wouldn't make any sense at all. The the purpose of the filter is to filter the digital noise. So that your phones aren't staticy. If you put a filter on the modem than you would loose most of your bandwidth.
Im guessing your getting mixed up because i said router, thats just habit because ive got an ADSL modem router, so mine does connect straight to my router. If you didnt have the filter you would get sync issues and line drops everytime someone called you.

the indian people at BT already identified a fault on my line. some guy has fixed it all and im on 4.6mb/s, but its still going slow, hmm, maybe it needs to re settle. anyway ill butt out of the thread.

@ keni, did you check for the master socket?
Fair enough mate. The indian call centre hasnt got as many resources as us. I get calls off them all the time coz we have more tests etc available in the UK. If it doesnt improve then PM me and il have a look into it when im at work.

i think after all the problems its finally settling down, its been on 4.6 for nearly 2 days now. its taken long enough and the advice from BT was poor, they just read out of a manual, fair doo's they are just making a living, nm.

Back
Top Bottom