Switching OS's

I have 2 os's on my laptop it has 2 gb or RAM One OS is server 2003 and the other Windows xp home editon.
I use server 2003 for are network.
I use windows xp home edition for when i take it around.
Is there a way in the laptop where in msconfig or a programme where if i am on server 2003 i can switch to xp home and if i am on xp home i can switch to server 2003 without restarting.
Help Plz!!
:)

as far as I know there isn't a way to do that without restarting.
One option would be to have xp only and then use windows 2003 as a virtual os.
Not exactly what you are looking for, but something like it. :D

Not without using virtualization, which I highly doubt you would want to use.

Why are you using Server 2003 anyways? You don't exactly need a server for your home network to function.

Why are you using Server 2003 anyways? You don't exactly need a server for your home network to function.

Agreed. Any XP, or Vista comptuer can partition a hard drive, and share the data partition on the network. NO need for a server.

like it matters if you have the computer off or in xp, having server on a laptop defeats the purpose of a laptop. A server is expected to stay in place for a long time and run almost constantly. Like above, what are you using it for that you actually need to run it anyway??

well with that power and only a few computers it could be used as a server just fine, why would you want to though?
its not as if the other people need to store stuff on your laptop and/ or you need to restrict them doing stuff

Back
Top Bottom