I need help please!

shadygirl420

In Runtime
Well im trying to fix my friends computer, she has a Dell XPS 400. She had like 535 spyware and 2 viruses. TROJ_220b.DUK BKDR_DELF.DVW Now when i first was working on it I could use the keyboard and the mouse, i ran pc ciilin and adware to get rid of it. It just kept coming back so I got my winxp disc out and I was going to reformat it and i kept gettin a blue screen saying a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your comuter. oxoooooo7E. I looked everywhere but I couldnt find anything to answer my question. Then I came accross a microsoft page that told me to run this program to see if all my drivers where i think windows certified, and told me to move the ones that werent to another folder. I did this and when my screen came back on I cant use my mouse or my keyboard. But I can use my keyboard to get into BIOS and everything like that just not on safe mode or anything XP. If anyone know of anything that could help me please let me know im getting desperate!!!

Lemme make sure I understand this right, It's blue-screening while booting from the CD, and re-installing windows?

ok well i got the drive formated with wipe clean, but Im still getting this blue screen that says....a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.....0x0000007E

OK, usually when I see blue-screens while installing windows it's RAM. Try running Memtest on the computer. If it passes, then Go to the manufacture of your hard drive and get their diagnostic software.

0x0000007E is part of a memory dump. Sounds like some sort of hardware conflict, is there any third party installed hardware? Also try swapping memory round, using one module at a time, trying different slots as you go along, you know the drill.

Back
Top Bottom