Intel acquires physics software maker Havok

How about this idea? Multicore GPU's to work with multicore CPUs. That way, some cores can be used for the physics part of the processing while the other does whatever it has to do.

How about this idea? Multicore GPU's to work with multicore CPUs. That way, some cores can be used for the physics part of the processing while the other does whatever it has to do.

gpu's are already massively multi threaded, like i have something like 64ish pixel shaders on my card, thats 64 pixel's shaded with on clock cycle, then there is other things other than the shader, overall its like 128 "threads" for my card but thats an educated guess im totally guessing though.

i can see intel actually buying out nvidia like amd bought ati
and both of them integrating cpu,gpu, and a physics card all together
the performance by integrating those all into one chip would be off the charts
that would also make upgrading for computers much easer for people and for programmers
now programs could optimize games better because there would be much fewer cpu, gpu to make sure they work
and upgrading your cpu and ram would just be one package
I doubt that would be near as efficient as the current setup is with today's technology. There would be way to much going on under one bus if you ask me.

Maybe at the moment but thean again think how much hyper transport(AMD) handles i am not too sure but i know it handles more than just cpu bus

Back
Top Bottom