Intel acquires physics software maker Havok

Sounds cool. Wonder if that means they will integrate physics processing units into their CPUs. God, that would be cool.

I doubt it, maybe they will figure out a way to make there new cpus better at physics?

Wouldn't that basically mean adding a physics processing unit to it?? Even if it doesn't, that would be awesome, even better if it some-how took a load off of the CPU.

Well the idea was to either get a proper physx card or with the generation of multicore cpus, use 1 cpu core to process physx which may not be as efficient as a proper card its a more cheaper way or doing it

Wow well we they are doing they obviously have some plan and only time will tell
I think they should have different processor configurations for different users so say have a gamers quad core where 1 core handles physics and 1 handles graphics and the other two handle the game , and then have like vid editing quad core where 1 core is optimised for rendering and stuff like that , so processors are aimed much more at there target audiences , only bad side would be if you wanteed a computer for general usage or more than one i guess

i can see intel actually buying out nvidia like amd bought ati
and both of them integrating cpu,gpu, and a physics card all together
the performance by integrating those all into one chip would be off the charts
that would also make upgrading for computers much easer for people and for programmers
now programs could optomize games better becouse there would be much fewer cpu, gpu to make sure they work
and upgrading your cpu and ram would just be one package

they should make a new PhysX card that has the havok engine on it, seems like all to latest games use it, no longer would they could be used just for graw2 :p

Back
Top Bottom