Bid on some great deals!

im confused, so if your selling something the link to the thread has to go in your sig?
..but why, that doesnt prove anything. i guess im just confused, but this seems kind of pointless

im confused, so if your selling something the link to the thread has to go in your sig?
..but why, that doesnt prove anything. i guess im just confused, but this seems kind of pointless
OK, end of, I didn't write the rule, I explained in my last post the whys & wherefores, & I'm not going over it again, I think I've been patient, but it's beginning to wear thin now, ask David but I know what his answer will be, dude from hell.

It does though, that's for sure, whether he's selling on here or on ebay, it's in the rules; see the section on Ebay, near the bottom.

www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=999

I don't see anything in the eBay section of that post about posting a picture...it just says that the link must be in your signature, and the thread must not have been created for the sole purpose of promoting your auction. To me that seems like no For sale threads that include eBay are allowed...

Edit: Also, Brookfield we're not questioning you we're questioning the rules, so don't take it personally.

I'm sure your all for it until you try and purchase something on the forums and get scammed. It's about security. Don't like it, don't advertise. People it's simple.

And if your going to go on with the "I don't plan on ever buying on these forums" then don't post your opinions on these forums about what you think about the rules.

Rules aren't here to be an inconvenience. They are here to provide security and order.

Now, isn't that a thought? :eek:

I'm sure your all for it until you try and purchase something on the forums and get scammed. It's about security. Don't like it, don't advertise. People it's simple.

And if your going to go on with the "I don't plan on ever buying on these forums" then don't post your opinions on these forums about what you think about the rules.

Rules aren't here to be an inconvenience. They are here to provide security and order.

Now, isn't that a thought? :eek:
Hooray, someone with the right attude at last, + 1 pos rep.

Buying an item from another person online will always have a certain degree of risk with it. That being said, I think one of the safest ways to do this is over ebay with all of their buyer protections in place. Therefore, I think that if a computerforum member is selling an item on ebay that they think other computerforum members may be interested in, you should just be able to tell about it and post your link to your ebay auction. People can review it, and decide for themselves if they want to do business baised on the number of previous sales the person made, the number of positive or negative reviews they have received, etc.. I think this type of sale is different than someone just trying to sell an item on their own through the forum, and therefore should be exempt from the other listing rules which are fine and make sense for other sales besides the ebay ones. Well, sorry kind of long winded, but that just my opinion on the matter.

Buying an item from another person online will always have a certain degree of risk with it. That being said, I think one of the safest ways to do this is over ebay with all of their buyer protections in place. Therefore, I think that if a computerforum member is selling an item on ebay that they think other computerforum members may be interested in, you should just be able to tell about it and post your link to your ebay auction. People can review it, and decide for themselves if they want to do business baised on the number of previous sales the person made, the number of positive or negative reviews they have received, etc.. I think this type of sale is different than someone just trying to sell an item on their own through the forum, and therefore should be exempt from the other listing rules which are fine and make sense for other sales besides the ebay ones. Well, sorry kind of long winded, but that just my opinion on the matter.
Chuckle, you've just given reasons why CF disallow open links to ebay or to any other organisation, there's a blanket ban on advertising, some members give info about other places, but only in their sigs.

Back
Top Bottom