I found a trojan but cant seem to delete

sully654

Baseband Member
im not quite sure how to solve this problem. cant seem to delete it. any tips?
untitled12334.jpg

It stops the virus from starting up in the first place, which then allows you to delete it.

Sully,

Running the scan in safe mode won't make any difference.

The file in question is in your System Restore archive which your anti-virus software cannot access. It poses no threat to your system unless you use SR to roll back the Operating System to an earlier restore point.

To remove it, disable and then re-enable System Restore.

Click Start > Right click My Computer> Properties> System Restore and place a check next to the "Turn off System Restore" box.

Restart the machine to flush the restore points and then re-enable System Restore by removing the check from the "Turn off System Restore" box.

Then go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore and create a new Restore Point.

:)

when picking a new restore date should i make it before i found i had the trojan or does it not matter what date

You're not supposed to be picking a date to restore the machine to. Once you've flushed the restore points, simply create a new restore point and give it a name you'll remember. The date will be automatically set to the time you created it.

where is the directory of the file? boot into safe mode (F8 on start-up) then go to that directory and delete the file. that should work. if it doesnt, ur screwed

if you know the name of the trojan, find it in the registry and delete it in there as well, this will certainly stop it in it's tracks.

to get to the registry...go to RUN and type REGEDIT ...then enter.

Back
Top Bottom