FS: AMD Athlon 4000+ skt. 939 (single-core)

Re: Interest check (FS): AMD Athlon 4000+ skt. 939 (single-core)

itzdylan24 said:
hey, i have a 4000+ i want to overclock, would it be the same if you tell me exaclty wat to change in the bios?, i dont want to have to go through all the stuff and chanign it and rechanging it
PMs sent. You probably just want to see the "Little more info" one, but look at the other one if you want a full guide.

Re: Interest check (FS): AMD Athlon 4000+ skt. 939 (single-core)

Final bump, it's been nearly a week. Plus I added a picture. :D

Hmm - OK, I Have a P4 @ 3.06GHZ. I have a couple of questions.

Would that processor work with my PC
Would i notice a performance increase?
Will you ship to the UK?

Do you have a socket 939 motherboard? Your current motherboard for your P4 won't work with it.

It would be a pretty small upgrade, really not even worth it.

Hmm - OK, I Have a P4 @ 3.06GHZ. I have a couple of questions.

Will you ship to the UK?

It wouldnt work unless you got a new motherboard and you might as well save and buy a new dual core system , Mobo cpu and ram for a dual core system cas cost as little as a hundred pounds

Will you ship to the UK?
I think they answered your questions pretty well. It won't work with the motherboard that the P4 is on.

The performance increase should be noticeable in most games, but I'm not sure about multi-threaded games since the P4 has HT. Just take a look for yourself if you want to know; some programs (mainly games) favor the San Diego, and some favor the P4. But keep in mind that these games are from 2004-2005, and I don't think any of them are multi-threaded.

And thanks for bringing that last question up. I may be able to work something out with international shipping, if anyone else is interested. I edited my post to say "continental" shipping, but I may be able to make arrangements if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom