Silverstone PSU Fan Making Noise

taekwondodogoof

Baseband Member
Hi,
I've had a Silverstone 600 Watt PSU for about 6 months now, and it just recently started making this loud grinding noise, which comes from it's fan. If I turn off the computer and spin the fan with a paper clip, I can recreate the noise, so I know it's coming from the fan on the PSU. I've tried blowing it out with air, and searching for similar problems on google but haven't found any. Has anybody else had this problem or know of a solution?
Thanks for your help =D

Well, you could do one of two things. You could open it up and replace the fan yourself (which voids the warranty) or you could contact Silverstone, or the place your bought it from, and tell them of the problem. They should issue you an RMA to return it for a new unit.

I would think it is because it is old, or you are putting to much stress on the computer. Mine is only a year old and this computer of mine has a lot of stress put on it everyday.

OK, I think I'll just RMA it. It's still under warranty with Newegg, and they're usually very expedient about these types of things. Thanks for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom