Need Help!

dmeyer07

Solid State Member
I have a computer that will not boot up, so i took the hd out and installed it as a secondary hd in my 2nd computer. How do i go about installing a bootable version of windows onto this secondary hd, so i can connect it to the first computer, thus getting it to boot up.

My guess is put in the windows cd and restart your computer and it should say sumtin which do u want to install on and and you choose the hard drive that you want to put back. I think thats right but i may be thinking of something else or be making no sense at all.

Put it back in the computer that dosent boot and then power it up and go into bios and set it to boot from CD . Then put your windows CD in the comp and install it

Any version of windows 2000 and above gets a bit pissed off if you install it on one machine and shove the drive into another machine afterwards.

I did that on one HDD a few years back, found it again recently, shoved it into another desktop I had lying around and Windows 2000 bluescreens on boot even though it was perfect 2 years ago on the old desktop. Its not a disk fault because the fedora core 3 installed on it also still works 100% perfectly.

if your original PC has a working cd drive and bios then you should be able to just install it in the pc you want to use it in.

Any version of windows 2000 and above gets a bit pissed off if you install it on one machine and shove the drive into another machine afterwards.

I did that on one HDD a few years back, found it again recently, shoved it into another desktop I had lying around and Windows 2000 bluescreens on boot even though it was perfect 2 years ago on the old desktop. Its not a disk fault because the fedora core 3 installed on it also still works 100% perfectly.

if your original PC has a working cd drive and bios then you should be able to just install it in the pc you want to use it in.

Just do a repair installation if that happens

Back
Top Bottom