ubuntu probs

dude_se

Proper Legend
im trying to pimp up my old computer. i vurned ubuntu to a scratched but working cd. the first time it took ages to load and was buggy. now it seems fine but when i boot from the cd and it loads it asks me for a username and then a password.
wtf do i use?

i tried. doesnt wanna work :S
i just dont get how it loaded up the first time, even if it was real slow, and now it just goes to the login screen

lol yes i did. i tried all the usual ones and also my user name and password i usually use for stuff. its just being anal

did you install it on your harddrive or are you running it off of a liveCD?

if you installed it, you an always re-install it, or if your running off of a liveCD just format the CD (if you can) and reinstall ubuntu on it. But one thing i would really suggest, try getting a different CD (you mentioned that the one you are using is scratched?)

i installed ubuntu by plugging the hdd into another comp but it wont boot on the original pc. it says the xserver couldnt be loaded or something, graphical issue or some crap then goes to a black dos like screen and expects me to type in stuff. so i got the livecd to try and re install it straight onto the pc instead of switching the hard drive and this happens.

i might just put xp on

Back
Top Bottom