Windows wouldnt start up

I just unpluged the dvd-rom and tried it in safe mode, it turned on. So i just had sata hdd and cd-rom on, instead of those 2 with dvd-rom. But then i start to start it up on normal mode, the process bar start going one round, but got stuck afterwards. Then i unpluged all my drives except the sata, and it turned on...wtf??? so i need a bigger psu???

Yep, definately sounds like you need a bigger PSU, because when you have removed a few devices it has booted up.

it booted up fine till it reached the windows logo with progress bar, thats where it stops. After unpluging everthing but the sata, it worked. I guess i got to spend more money :( Gona get new PSU by tonight, hopefully it works. 550 Antec PSU.

I just got 650W Antec PSU, and it still does the same :( How much do i need for just cpu, mobo, gpu, cd burner, and 2 fans???

When you installed the new CPU did you apply thermal paste? I'm just wondering if its overheating.

nope, the cpu was new and it came with heatsink that had the thermal on it, and the tempature for cpu is around 38-40C. I can get into windows with sata hdd and floppy drive ONLY. If i connect any other thing, like cd-rom, cd buner, dvd rom, it doesnt go pass the windows logo.

the cd-rom works fine, i can format the hdd and install windows over and over, but then it actually goes into windows, it get stuck right on the windows logo screen.

Back
Top Bottom