total system crash =(

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok so i had format my hdd because of viruses and i have updated everyting drivers and all and i go to play my game warrock and i get to the login screen and the whole system restarts idk why im thinking either my cpu is going bad or my onboard intel graphics are i could easly test the graphics thoery becasue i happen to have an old vid card laying round it is a hurcules 3d prophet 2 mx 64mb card no idea if its PCIe or not hopefully not but heres the catch my grampa who bought and owns the pc will not let me test my theory he says if the cpu or the graphics are going bad he will throw the whole system away (a waste of money in my opinion cuz i could fix both things if they are the problem very easy) the computer is a gateway 5310s its 2 years old the intergrated chipset i belive is the intel 915 express chipsset family

If your grandfather isn't allowing you to test the video card or whatever it'll be really difficult to isolate the problem until the problem worsens. That being said, I think it would be better if you just tossed the system and got a new one.

Just out of curiosity, does the computer still work or did it just restart a few times as you described it.

it still works im on it now i just cant play my games it seems like if i open a graphics intesive program like my games it will crash and restart the pc but wat my grampa dont understand is my knowladge for pcs he is technologicly impaired and has no clue what im talking bout and its hard for me a 16 year old to explain to a 67 year old the world of pcs

This dose not mean that there is a direct problem with the GPU or CPU as you're describing. By what you have said, this makes me think this is a temperature issue. I would first check the temps of my CPU and see if thats what doing it. Have you overclocked it? If so, check the temps. If thats fine, I'm not very good with intergrated graphics. Your best bet would be to test your memory, because it could never hurt to ;)

And try and get your hands on a stand alone video card so you could test the reliability of your intergrated chip.

This is online gaming right, did you install your firewall before going online?,run an AV scan to see if it finds anything.

i think i got it all striaghtend out it turns out the fan i heard running was not the cpu fan it was the rear fan below the psu the cpu fan was not running (forgot to plug it back in wen i dusted the tower out) now all is fine

Back
Top Bottom