dummy for wireless :(

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
wireless home network

i've just bought some d-link stuff in the hopes of setting up a network or wireless network at home with my laptop. if it can be done wirelessly awesome, if not, i'll settle for a cable right now.

have the d-link 10/100 fast ethernet switch (model: DES-1008D) and the d-link AirPlus Xtreme G+ 2.4GHz wireless access point (model: DWL-2000AP+).

I'm using winXP and get the wireless to be recognized on the laptop but cannot access the internet, any suggestions please???

thanks in advance :)

wireless home network

i've just bought some d-link stuff in the hopes of setting up a network or wireless network at home with my laptop. if it can be done wirelessly awesome, if not, i'll settle for a cable right now.

have the d-link 10/100 fast ethernet switch (model: DES-1008D) and the d-link AirPlus Xtreme G+ 2.4GHz wireless access point (model: DWL-2000AP+).

I'm using winXP and get the wireless to be recognized on the laptop but cannot access the internet, any suggestions please???

thanks in advance :)

If that is your only network equipment, everything is directly the internet directly. You likely need a router.

Like DJ-CHRIS said you need a router. A switch isn't really what you're looking for here, you get a router plug your modem into it if its a cable modem whcih connects using cat-5 or if it's a adsl modem that uses USB you're better off getting a wireless router with built in ADSL modem like I have.

What sort of modem do yo u have? This will make us able to determine whether or not you need to take back the kit youve just bought for a refun d or whether or not you can roll with it for npw.

You're better off with a router than a switch in this situation.

I always thought you use Switches to isolate parts of the network, not to isolate individual PCs. ;)

The wireless card in your notebook detects the Access Point from the DLINK Airplus DWL-2000AP but thats it. How do you plan on hooking this up?

So where do you plan on putting this switch on your LAN.

Back
Top Bottom