3com 2824-sfp

MarineBean

Beta member
A gentleman once employed by my company has left for "greener pastures". Unfortunately, he has taken with him, all passwords which allow for administration of the network.

While he has been able to provide us with server passwords, he doesn't recall what password he use on the 3COM 2824-SP switch.

I planned on resetting it to factory defaults and then reconfiguring it. According to the user manual, resetting to the factory default is done via the web based interface. Unfortunately, you have to know the password to get to the interface.

My question: Is there a physical reset switch on the 2824-SFP?

Alot of the times their is not a physical reset switch on higher end switches, and instead you need to do some complex fun thing. I'm guessing you already checked the manual like me, and it does not mention any reset procedures besides the gui.

Three things to try.

1: Reset pin, easiest thing to try. Likely doesn't exist though.

2: Console / Serial port on switch. Look for a serial or RJ45 port. If it's RJ45, it will be a single port likely on the back, isolated from any other ports. If theirs one of these, i'll help you figure out how to reset it.

3: Connecting port 1 and 2 with a cable. Do this, power off the switch for 30 seconds, power it on for 30 seconds, than disconnect cables (and possibly power cycle it again). Likely wont work, but worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom