Why is windows STILL running slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a tough one, what programs are you running? have you installed any new driver over the top of old ones? thats maybe conflicting somewhere, when your computer starts up have you go all the programs running at th same time?

what power supply have u got?
run a spyware checker
change ram
check hard drive for errors (change hard drive)

this could be many many things, but those are the main ones, try those and see what happens :)

using the standard video card driver from xp usually slows down my system till i install the proper one, you all sorted for drivers?
although as said above it could be anything, failing hard drive, viruses, etc..

Try removing Live OneCare, there are other better free altenatives (AVG free etc)

Have a look in task manager to see if anything is running at 100%, "Umm. I don't think so." is hardly going to help people trying to aid you.

What programmes do you have installed? a list would be nice, it could be a software conflict.

Ok A True Folder.

Heres a list of my programs. I told you I don't have jack !

- Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
- Adobe Reader 7.0
- Microsoft Office Pro. Edition 2003
which contains word and powerpoint only.
- Windows Live Oncare ( It lasts three months on the free trial. Thats longer than PCV or w/e. )
- Windows Media Player

And I opened task manager using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and nothing is running except whatever im currently using.

I hope that helps !

Go to the Processes tab of Task Manager, see if anything is using up an unusually high amount of RAM or CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom