!!!Help me please!!!

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I recently set-up a wireless connection in my house and although im not seeing any significant drop in speed i have noticed that the signal strength is apparently Very weak - Weak, and it's only telling me a speed of 11mbps when its a network of up to 108mbps, anyone know how i can improve strength??

Im using BT voyager 2091 & Belking wirelles G+ usb adaptor

Thanks a lot in advance

:) Tommy:)

Well try repositioning the router
also haw far is the pc from the router
try changing channels as well

i have noticed that the signal strength is apparently Very weak - Weak, and it's only telling me a speed of 11mbps when its a network of up to 108mbps, anyone know how i can improve strength??

You might have a 802.11b wireless card which has speed up to 11mpbs (max). You should to see what you have. Might be 802.11 B,G,N etc...

You might have a 802.11b wireless card which has speed up to 11mpbs (max). You should to see what you have. Might be 802.11 B,G,N etc...
I don't think in that case it would be showing the signal strength as weak though...

i have the voyager 2091. the signal is ok, but dont push it too far, as for 108mb/s it can only go upto 54mb/s and its not the routers fault for the slow speed, its the adapters. i also have a belkin g adapter and if i have 1 or 2 bars of signal i get 1,2,11, or 24mb/s max. it sucks

i have the voyager 2091. the signal is ok, but dont push it too far, as for 108mb/s it can only go upto 54mb/s and its not the routers fault for the slow speed, its the adapters. i also have a belkin g adapter and if i have 1 or 2 bars of signal i get 1,2,11, or 24mb/s max. it sucks
i have a linksys wag54gs and when i got upstaris sometimes get a poor signal. at the mo i get 54 but sometimes i can only get like 2mb :(

on my laptop i get 54mb/s about 99.9% of the time no matter what signal i have. it all depends on your inbuilt card/adapter

Back
Top Bottom