Will upgrading require collecting drivers?

G9

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking of upgrading from XP to Vista... will I need to get drivers for all of my hardware, like my video card, etc... or is Vista similar enough to XP's make up that this will not be necessary? Do not give me any anti-Vista comments. I have my reasons for this upgrade.

Here are my hardware results:

Category Action Required Explanation
CPU No action required Your computer's CPU is Intel® Xeon(TM) CPU 3.40GHz
System memory (RAM) No action required Your computer has 2.00 GB of RAM.
DVD drive No action required Your computer can read DVDs.
Video card No action required Your current video card will support the Windows Aeroâ„¢ user experience.

-------------------

Here are some device issues:

ATITool Driver W1zzard There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Analog Devices, Inc. There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

Will the above effect my video and sound cards? My sound card is a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS.

everything should be fine. Ati should have some drivers, and if they don't the vid card will work without them too. Though then it's no gaming or anything else that requires lot's of gpu power.

And the other stuff is related to the onboard sound, so since you have a dedicated sound card it should be ok.

Though just to make sure go to the manufacturers website (ati & creative) and make sure they have some vista drivers for your hardware.

Hmm... I was able to find the drivers. Thanks for the tips everyone.

well i was thinking y is everyone upgradeing to Vista with all the problems out there with it. And wat is in Vista that u cant get in XP Pro besides the areo and other stuff really think about it =P

What problems? Most of the "problems" are just lies from the haters. Really the only thing that needs work are drivers, but that isn't Microsoft's fault.

well i was thinking y is everyone upgradeing to Vista with all the problems out there with it. And wat is in Vista that u cant get in XP Pro besides the areo and other stuff really think about it =P

What problems? There are bugger all problems. Maybe you should actually try Vista instead of bagging it.

The people who complain about vista are the haters, and people who havent tried it like yourself.

Back
Top Bottom