Computer geek help

Pidge14

In Runtime
Well over the last year i've decided that when I go to college i want to major in computers. So I've been honing my computer geekness. Then i figured why not get more help from a site ran and posted on by computer users?

So what are good computer sites? Like to keep myself updated on current parts, stories, tips and the what not.

Good books? Mags? And that sort.

I'm thinking about majoring in Computer Engineering. I don't think the hardcore programming is for me. So of you majors of CE, what would be some good things to know for me to get a "foot in the door" for this major? What did you learn in that class and the such.

Any any other advice would be awesome and helpful.

well, all I can say is that come here more often and read a lot of stuff from the software & hardware section. And of course help people at the same time. :p
This place is where I've learned most of my computer stuff.

yeah i would have to say you might as well click the search button on here and type in what you want to know and just read through the threads. thats how i learned lol

freestyler has a pretty good list there. read reveiws on new hardware. that will tell you wat is new to this world :D

freestyler has a pretty good list there. read reveiws on new hardware. that will tell you wat is new to this world :D

that is something i need to do a lot more . I know oh so much about old technologies like the socket A athlon xp's and stuff but i dunno much about upcoming stuff or most of the dx10 gpus and stuff

If you are looking for a good computer magazine, check out Smart Computing. THey reiew things, have tutorials for some things, and go over some problems their customers are having with their computers and how to solve them.

Back
Top Bottom