Dell owns alienware?

Wow. Dell bought Alienware like last year. Old news, buddy. ;)

Just so you know, HP also bought Voodoo Computers. :)

Wow. Dell bought Alienware like last year. Old news, buddy. ;)

Just so you know, HP also bought Voodoo Computers. :)

I knew Dell bought Alienware, but didn't know HP bought Voodoo... I'm not up on my news so much anymore.

Yeah, i actually found out about Dell buying Alienware but are there any changes to the computers themself like what goes in them or are they pretty much the same.

From what I have seen, quality has gone down a very minimally. For the most part they are still the great systems everyone loves (or loved). However, since dell bought them out, Customer service has gone down in rankings.

Well good news. Dell just revamped both laptop and desktop lines. The Dimension line is now dead. From now on, budget to mid-range is also known as Inspiron. Same as the laptops.

Also, the design has gone up a step. The Inspiron notebooks no longer look chunky and big but rather look more fluid and elegant. Especially the XPS M1330.

Customization is also a big factor now. All Inspiron laptops now have a color choice. They don't look too bad either.

5211_large_xps_m1330_open.jpg

5212_large_insp_eight_colors.jpg

Ahh whatever, a dell is a dell. If you want performance and looks, go for Sony VAIOs. Especially good are their SZ or TX lines.

As for Dell owning Alienware, it doesn't really impact either company, except that Dell gets better revenues now, and Alienware gets money from dell to make their comps.

dell comps r good. its the junk on it that makes them badd

Only true if you get a high end Dell. The lower-end ones (about $900 and cheaper) are crap. I see them in with dead motherboards or failing hard drives all the time after about two years of use if not less.

Back
Top Bottom