making computer faster

Dark Night

BSOD
i have a question. how can i make my computer faster? i mean its not really slow but i need it to be faster.It makes me madd sometimes. Suggestions??

First of all, remove all programs you don't use.

Are you running XP or Vista? If you are using XP, I know of a guide you can run through to remove unwanted start up items.

If your still not happy, a defrag of your hard drive can completly clean your system out, giving you a welcome boost, though you need to back up everything.

Then theres overclocking, but overclocking CPU's can be a tricky process, and I believe you have a Dell? Someone may be able to help you with that if you really wanted to try it.

uhh compman can help me with overclocking and i tried most of it. but i guess i just got to be patient and wait until i get more memory and a video card

Install more ram, and faster processor, turn off some unwanted programs in start up to get a faster boot , De frag the drive as said already, try this program as well http://www.ccleaner.com/download/.
Store big files on an external drive or a CD/DVD to reduce the hdd space., try not to do to many multiple tasks causing strain on the memory.

well tbh depends where you want it faster . for instance for faster games performance you would need more ram and a new vid card
but for general tasks a good cleanup should do ,
involving
deleting unwanted files
uninstall unwanted programs
remove unwanted startup tasks
remove unwanted registry stuff using a program like cc cleaner
defrag
anti virus and antispyware scan

and if all else fails more ram .
it may also be helpfull if you posted specs and the kind of slowness you mean

what you could do is switch to windows classic view them go to system, advanced, performance and uncheck all of the boxes. Made my computer faster.

Back
Top Bottom