Four-wheeler help

I want a four-wheeler. Nothing fast, just something to be able to take with us when we go camping. I don't plan on doing any tricks or anything, I'll probably use it for mainly offroad stuff and not racing. They're so cool :)

P.S. Americansensei, nice quad!

I would go for the Yamaha YFZ450. There really nice.

Edit: I saw you said maybe about a 125 bike. Well I have a 2005 Yamaha YZ125 and it's really nice. I would def. get that over the honda. I really like my bike. I'll post pics if you want me to.
It's got black excel rims, there nice as hell!

OK, discounting American Sensei & myself for obvious reasons, the age range in this thread is 16 - 17, [I'm guessing that cabbspapp is around that age too] now this isn't a lecture, it's just me giving my opinion, & that is that you are all really too young to own & ride ths type of machine.
Now you can tell me to stuff my opinion, but look what happened to my relation, he is very depressed, he thinks that girls won't want t date him, & the school calls him gimpy.
So guys think long & hard, have patience, it won't be that long before you're 20 - 21, then if the fad hasn't worn off, go forth with your wallets & get one!!
dance.gif
dance.gif

We are old enough. My friend has been riding since he was 4. People ride at much younger ages. Sure some people get hurt, my sorta friend from school had 2 broken arms at the biggining of the year, now he has screws going through his wrist because he broke it again. For him, it just makes it hard to twist the throttle, thats the only thing holding him back from motorcross. My other friend, races, and he is good, some people say he could go pro. One my good friend's dad rolled his ATV and broke his colar bone, and popped his shoulder out. I have seen people leaving the track on strechers with neck braces and all kinds of crazy stuff. Trust me, I've seen what can happen, if you are stupid... Don't do what you know you can't, I want to get comfartable on the ATV, than maybe take it too the track with just my friend, and only roll over the jumps and than maybe start jumping it a bit, but I will never race it, but taking it too the sand dunes, now that would be awsome....
I was interested in a YZ125, but I have changed my mind on that, I could get a lot more use out of a 4-wheeler.

We are old enough. My friend has been riding since he was 4. People ride at much younger ages. Sure some people get hurt, my sorta friend from school had 2 broken arms at the biggining of the year, now he has screws going through his wrist because he broke it again. For him, it just makes it hard to twist the throttle, thats the only thing holding him back from motorcross. My other friend, races, and he is good, some people say he could go pro. One my good friend's dad rolled his ATV and broke his colar bone, and popped his shoulder out. I have seen people leaving the track on strechers with neck braces and all kinds of crazy stuff. Trust me, I've seen what can happen, if you are stupid... Don't do what you know you can't, I want to get comfartable on the ATV, than maybe take it too the track with just my friend, and only roll over the jumps and than maybe start jumping it a bit, but I will never race it, but taking it too the sand dunes, now that would be awsome....
I was interested in a YZ125, but I have changed my mind on that, I could get a lot more use out of a 4-wheeler.
:eek: Ye gods, well, as you say, you know the risk, when I was in my twenties I had several big bikes, there was a Norton Dominater, a Triumph Bonneville & a Vincent Black Shadow etc, I had the VBS up to 130mph on a long straight stretch of road 4 miles long, at that speed I was at the end in a matter of minutes, crazy days, crazy days, then you didn't have to wear a crash helmet!!, I did though, came off twice in five years but only bad bruises, these days I can't ride a push-bike even, ah well, happy days!

OK, discounting American Sensei & myself for obvious reasons, the age range in this thread is 16 - 17, [I'm guessing that cabbspapp is around that age too] now this isn't a lecture, it's just me giving my opinion, & that is that you are all really too young to own & ride ths type of machine.
Now you can tell me to stuff my opinion, but look what happened to my relation, he is very depressed, he thinks that girls won't want t date him, & the school calls him gimpy.
So guys think long & hard, have patience, it won't be that long before you're 20 - 21, then if the fad hasn't worn off, go forth with your wallets & get one!!
dance.gif
dance.gif

I agree with you on that by about 50%. Some people are not old enough in maturity to have one. I still don't think a lot of 16 year olds should be on the road because some tend to drive like maniacs. It all depends on the person. I think I'm old enough to own one and could handle it, I'm not one to screw around when it comes to something that could injure me such as an ATV. I'm not one to ride without a helmet or proper gear, or drive 80MPH and to fancy tricks and stuff.

yeah, if I go fast it will be in a wide open area, that I am comfortable riding at.
To brookfield, motorcycles, I want one, but I know those are the kinda thing that can get you killed, for one, the areas you drive motorcycles, are streets, and there is other treaffic.
Would you guys say, dirtbikes or four-wheelers are more dangerous?

yeah, if I go fast it will be in a wide open area, that I am comfortable riding at.
To brookfield, motorcycles, I want one, but I know those are the kinda thing that can get you killed, for one, the areas you drive motorcycles, are streets, and there is other treaffic.
Would you guys say, dirtbikes or four-wheelers are more dangerous?

I'd say dirtbikes, although I guess they could both be equally dangerous if you weigh the pros and cons and get really detailed about it.
As for me, in my area there's really nothing around me. The road in front of our house doesn't really see any cars, and the town I'm in is only 500 people. There are tons of dirt roads and open areas to ride quads and dirtbikes :)

Either can be equally dangerous, but a quad falling on you will hurt more than a bike.

Back
Top Bottom