Four-wheeler help

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I just turned 16, but dont really want a car that bad, cause for the most part, if I need to, I can drive one of my parents cars. I would like ot get a four-wheeler tho. I might be able to convince my parents to help pay for one, but I doubt it. Anyway, I dont have much, $1300 currently, but could get more. My friend looked on IAAI, and couldnt find anything. I have been looking on ebay, and found a raptor 660 for $2000, but it had some minor problems, but still rideable. I also found a YFZ 450 for $810 so far, but it has an oil leak, which I dont know how bad that i. I would like to get a YFZ450, because they are supposed to be fast, and my nieghbor has a track that I can ride at for free, or I can ride my own trails, but I just dont have much money... So, does anyone know where I could find one that is crashed or something? My friend said that if I found one that is crashed, sometimes its only the fenders or something that needs to be replaced, but I dont know where to look at all. Northwest Hareld classifieds are not great, but if there was an online classified site that someone knows of that would be great too. Or if someone could help me pick out a fast but good ATV that would be good too. I would prefer honda or yamaha, but other brands are good too.

For a short time I was thinking of getting a YZ125 or CR125, but my friend talked me out of it, cause I live in a wooded area, and my trails would be better for ATVs. But the dirtbikes are so much cheaper! lol. But my friend is right, plus, I have ridden a rancher, but have not ridden much with clutch, only a 400ex twice, and I think learning clutch would be easier on an ATV than a dirtbike.

Craigslist.org

Look under the city closest to where you live and you can post a wanted ad for a crashed ATV, or browse the listings and see if you find one you like.

Ok, I'll look into the banshee more. Do you guys think the banshee is about evn with a 400ex? Cause once the farmers fields are empty I wanna drag race my friend on his 400ex if I can. Although I reallllly want a raptor, if I cant get a raptor, the banshee would be a good one too.

I don't know too much about Banshees, but they are beasts. The guy down the street has a couple and they will pull wheelies in 3rd.

Oh yeah, of course, lol. I just dont know if getting a 4-wheeler is a good thing now, as I will be going to college soon, and should be saving for that. But how much do you think a quad would depreciaate in price over 2-3 years?

Ok, I just turned 16, but dont really want a car that bad, cause for the most part, if I need to, I can drive one of my parents cars. I would like ot get a four-wheeler tho. I might be able to convince my parents to help pay for one, but I doubt it. Anyway, I dont have much, $1300 currently, but could get more. My friend looked on IAAI, and couldnt find anything. I have been looking on ebay, and found a raptor 660 for $2000, but it had some minor problems, but still rideable. I also found a YFZ 450 for $810 so far, but it has an oil leak, which I dont know how bad that i. I would like to get a YFZ450, because they are supposed to be fast, and my nieghbor has a track that I can ride at for free, or I can ride my own trails, but I just dont have much money... So, does anyone know where I could find one that is crashed or something? My friend said that if I found one that is crashed, sometimes its only the fenders or something that needs to be replaced, but I dont know where to look at all. Northwest Hareld classifieds are not great, but if there was an online classified site that someone knows of that would be great too. Or if someone could help me pick out a fast but good ATV that would be good too. I would prefer honda or yamaha, but other brands are good too.

For a short time I was thinking of getting a YZ125 or CR125, but my friend talked me out of it, cause I live in a wooded area, and my trails would be better for ATVs. But the dirtbikes are so much cheaper! lol. But my friend is right, plus, I have ridden a rancher, but have not ridden much with clutch, only a 400ex twice, and I think learning clutch would be easier on an ATV than a dirtbike.
I see you are 16, are you old enough & big enough ride one of these?. if you're slightly built, forget it my cousin's boy the same age as you rode his off track & skidded on some mud, ended up in hospital, after eight weeks & four operations he now has a pemanent limp, his 660 landed on top of him & fractured his hip, he has eight stainless bolts, so be very careful, you might think of a lighter model, less powerful.

I agree with Brookfield, I rode my buddies 660 which he had perfomance modified, and it came damn close to the performance of my 07 700.

Don't be stupid and want to go big, It's not worth it.

Here's a pic of my bike.

1224060951.jpg

HPIM1217.jpg

thats a nice one. Yeah I am old enough. I have ridden my friends 400ex before, and that goes almost as fast as a raptor, maybe 10-15mph slower. But I wouldnt be taking it too tracks and all that, just the one accross the road, once I was used to it. My friend said not to get a banshee, because they are 2-stroke, and will need rebuilding sometime.

I see you are 16, are you old enough & big enough ride one of these?. if you're slightly built, forget it my cousin's boy the same age as you rode his off track & skidded on some mud, ended up in hospital, after eight weeks & four operations he now has a pemanent limp, his 660 landed on top of him & fractured his hip, he has eight stainless bolts, so be very careful, you might think of a lighter model, less powerful.
Listen to American Sensei, I know him, he's 25 & has a top job, he relaxs by riding that beast [vrooom, vrooooom] when he comes off duty, we're only looking after your welfare
May I ask, do your parents know what you're intending to get?

Back
Top Bottom