14 Percent

compguy91

Fully Optimized
14 Percent of the US has faith in congress

According to a gallop poll taken recently, that's the number of Americans who have a great deal, or a lot of faith in congress. You can read about it here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286033,00.html

I'm in the 86 percent who disapproves congress. I think it's time to get a lot of these guys out of there and get some new people in. I still don't see why there's no limit on how long these people can stay in. It seems like all congress cares about now is who has the most money, or who can lobby the most. I don't think it's solely a republican or democrat thing, I think both sides are just as guilty. Congress (I believe) simply isn't doing what the people elected them to do. I know that when I can vote, I'll probably vote to get my congressmen out of office. I don't like the idea of the same congressman for 4 or 5 terms. It seems the longer he people stay in their office, the more corrupted they get and I'm sick of the amount of power that oil companies and special interest has in congress. I think it's time to get a bunch of new people. your thoughts?

official Gallop poll: http://galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27946

I hear you man. And you are right, it's not just a democrate or rebulican thing. No side is doing what they said they would (with the exception of Bush, who said he was going to Iraq if Saddam didn't leave, and he did).

That money thing is definitely and issue here in Wisconsin since one party can get money a certain way but if the other party does things the same way, it's illegal. I swear it's stupid how our gov acts at times. We would be better with a bunch of teenagers running the place at times.

I think their all corrupt, and I hate capitalism.

They are all corrupt, it's just a matter of who is more corrupt than the other. I think there should be something passed to limit the number of congressional terms. Of course, we can't get an immigration bill passed so we'll never see anything like this.

It's all about money.

That's sad too, because it's not how the system was intended when the founding fathers made it. However greed, and corruption have made the system more corrupt than ever. I hope that these low approval rates, will urge people to get out and vote, and vote a lot of these people out of office.
I don't care if the next congress is liberal or conservative, in fact I don't affiliate with either party and consider myself an independent because I look at the facts, I look at candidates prior voting records and other aspects of their job, see where they stand on issues, and root for whoever I'm most likely to agree with. Whoever can get the job done in congress gets my vote, although with this bunch of people we have now I don't think I'll be rooting for anyone.
Another thing I'd like to know, is while some congressmen and senators are campaigning and NOT voting on stuff, why doesn't the time off come out of THEIR pay? instead the taxpayers have to pay for Hillary or Barack to go out and campaign on days when they should be voting.

Back
Top Bottom