India's turn to outsource

Sibayan94

Beta member
In a surprising reversal of job shifts, it is now India's turn to outsource. In light of the recent uproar over jobs being offshored from wealthy countries into developing countries, this may be difficult to believe. However incredible it may seem like, it is a fact. No doubt, it comes as a refreshing break to hear of jobs generated by India, instead of for it.

New Delhi-based HCL Technologies is interested in recruiting hundreds of employees from Belfast and London for back office and helpdesk functions for the banking and retail industries.

Despite the rise of other offshoring destinations, it is apparent that developed and wealthy countries like UK too have their share of outsourcing market. After the scare stories over the loss of service sector jobs to India it must be sheer music, to British ears that Indian companies are investing in the UK.

However, this should not come as a surprise to market observers. History is repeating it self. What goes up has to come down and what goes down has to go up. In the current global economy, outsourcing to low cost countries has been creating an even spread of economical wealth. As the economically once poor countries become more stable, the seesaw has to balance out. This is to some extent what we are experiencing in this reversal of outsourcing jobs.

This does not mean India will be outsourcing all its work to developed countries. On the contrary, it means that as each recognizes the individual strengths of individual countries there will be a mutual flow of outsourcing jobs. When Jake does what he is good at, Raman will likewise do what he is good at.

i totally agree. I did a project on India like 3 weeks ago, and i hardly believe that but hey, im only 15, what do i know, lol

lol im 13 age dosent matter. people these days lack common sense imo. although here people dont fall into bull sh** like this

india affording computers? HEY, they barely afford food and water to drink every day

your kidding right tons of people in india have computers. wealthy business owners run sites there to avoid us laws. south america is loaded with "illeagal" sites expect that us laws dont apply there and the police down there dont give a crap. :rolleyes:

I hate outsourcing, some genious at my Dad's work decided it would be a good idea to outsource the help desk to India, ya well when someone calls them they just assign the problem to a random technician who might not even now the server that the problem originated from, its stupid.

Back
Top Bottom