The Queen's birthday parade

You guys do have to think of it from their point of view. They were brought up to think like that. It's an honor for them to die for Allah's will.
And beside that, Muslims believe in reincarnation. So committing suicide isn't quite as terrible for them since they believe they will be back in another life anyway.
No, we "guys" do not have to think of it from their point of view, do they do the same in reverse?, NO.
Another thing when they come & live in England our government falls over backwards to help them, sometimes they are put at the top of the housing list ahead of us, can you imagine them doing that for us if we went to live in a Moslem country, incidentally do many travel to the States to live?
I'm sorry if this sounds racist, it isn't meant that way, believe me.

No, we "guys" do not have to think of it from their point of view, do they do the same in reverse?, NO.
Another thing when they come & live in England our government falls over backwards to help them, sometimes they are put at the top of the housing list ahead of us, can you imagine them doing that for us if we went to live in a Moslem country, incidentally do many travel to the States to live?
I would disagree with that, you do have to think like them, if you want to beat them.

and anyway. Even stealing an uav wouldn't be enough. You would need a guy to operate it, and don't know if they can even operate independently without the other stuff. (the predator system has the primary aircraft, multiple other air vehicles and some ground stuff like communications etc)
I once read that the predator system needs something like 55 people to operate it.
You're probably right on second thoughts they wouldn't be able to get the advanced knowledge & equipment.
Going back on the operation of drones, as I understand it, one guy sits in front of a large screen, guiding the drone, getting continual read-outs about it's position, it's said that he can fly it from the US many miles to a target, this drone is more like a pilotless aircraft, quite large, about the size of a modern fighter plane, flown very high it uses little fuel, so it can return to it's base after it's missions, it's armanent is described as awesome, bristling with ATG missiles & "doing the job of a squadron of piloted aircraft in far less time"

well it depends on which uav we are talking about. The 2 that I know that can carry weapons are the predator and the reaper. Predator is the smaller one with less room for weapons, lower altitude and is used mainly for recon stuff.
Reaper is the larger one (almost as large as some of the modern fighters) with more room for weapons. Reaper is also significantly faster due to a more powerfull engine, which also gives it the ability to fly higher.

And about the weaponry, well it's not that awesome. Predator usually just has 1 or 2 hellfire missiles. Reaper I'm not too sure about, but it has more firepower than the predator.

And there might be just one guy guiding the drone, but you also need people for the other air vehicles, ground station, communication etc.
I'll try to find the text.

"The MQ-1 Predator is a system, not just an aircraft. A fully operational system consists of four aircraft (with sensors), a ground control station, a Predator Primary Satellite Link, and approximately 55 personnel for deployed 24-hour operations.

The basic crew for the Predator is one pilot and two sensor operators."
from http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=122

So you're going to stoop down to their level??
Go ahead, by all means. Your decision. Personally, I'd like to think of myself as having a better mentality than that.

This hatred between Muslims and Christians/Caucasians is idiotic IMHO. Over a series of wars that happened centuries ago?? Friggin' ethnocentrism...

This hatred between Muslims and Christians/Caucasians is idiotic IMHO. Over a series of wars that happened centuries ago?? Friggin' ethnocentrism...

well right now the hatred doesn't have anything to do with the past wars.
Right now people hate muslims because "they are terrorists" (yeah, right..)
Muslims hate western people because we went and invaded their land. (again, yeah right..)

People just think that everyone is just the same. I mean look at the war in Iraq. It was easy enough to convince the people of america that Iraqi people are terrorist just because they have a similar culture with other countries which support terrorists.

So what I'm trying to say is, that most of the agression nowadays is because if someone does something then automatically people assume that all who belong to the same religion/culture/whatever will do the same thing.

and yes, I agree with you, it's a very idiotic thing

What does QFT mean?

Quoted For Truth.

You do have to realize that most of those Muslim countries have different standards and economies. None of them are superpowers like the US and Britain are (is Britain even considered a superpower?). Also, the way they think is different. It might seem rudimentary and poor to those who have been groomed to good 'ol democracy and freedom for all.

Back
Top Bottom