Help! (Laptop Proccessor)

lllf34rlll

Beta member
Hi-
I just got a new laptop, yet I have found the proccessor to be sub-par. Here are the specs of my system (let me know if I'm forgetting anything since I am not a big computer expert, obviously):

Laptop: Everex StepNote NC Series
Proccessor: VIA Esther C7-M 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 80 GB

Anyways, I am hoping to upgrade my proccessor, mainly to be able to run some games. I don't need anything high end at all, I mean the game I most want to play is from 2004 (The Sims 2.) So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

Why do you think that your processor is sub-par? It isn't good, but with your system anything higher wouldn't really be productive. Also, what is your motherboard?

I say it is sub-par because when I tried to run the Sims 2, it was unplayable even at the lowest graphics settings. I used a program that checks your computer to see what it needs to play the game that you are trying to play, and it told me that my proccessor was below the minimum requirement. Also I'm not sure how to find out the motherboard I have.

hey my mum had 1 of those processors in her old laptop with 256 MB RAM and it didnt do too bad id say its probably equal to bout a Celeon running bout 2.2Ghz its not a bad little processor when you consider my mums laptop was only £300 like 2 years ago it wasnt bad at all.

you sure its the processor that cant handle the game and not the graphics ?? coz my mum could run like word internet explorer play music and have a couple of my doc windows open and it was still goin good where as i tried loading an Snes Emulator on there and it just wouldnt run it was jumping all over the place because of the terrible graphics ?

First off, you're running out of RAM with Vista, so you might need to upgrade that and then the GPU. The VIA CPU is mostly oriented to work with the low power profiling. It can run it I'm sure.

Yeah, it is most definitely your graphics card. I am here on a 1.66 Ghz Centrino Duo, and it is all good. Yours is slightly worse, but seeing as how I can run CoD 2 perfectly, you should be fine witht he sims.

Second off, as lhuser said, your Graphics Card probably sucks.

And third off, 512 RAM is only good enough for vlite, not even the basic package. If you want to actually be able to do stuff, get one gig.

Yeah, it is most definitely your graphics card. I am here on a 1.66 Ghz Centrino Duo, and it is all good. Yours is slightly worse, but seeing as how I can run CoD 2 perfectly, you should be fine witht he sims.

Second off, as lhuser said, your Graphics Card probably sucks.

And third off, 512 RAM is only good enough for vlite, not even the basic package. If you want to actually be able to do stuff, get one gig.

I am gonna go ahead and assume that 1.66ghz centrino duo is about 10x's as good as his processor.

yeah sort of a bad move there Thelis you just cant compare any dual core processor to a single core cpu especially in terms of clock speed you 1.66Ghz is more than likely equal to bout 5.6Ghz except the fact that clock speed doesnt matter n e more lol

what im sayin is if a single core cpu was to run as good as your dual core / any dual core for that matter it would have to reach clock speeds of like 5.6Ghz

(oh and it was me that said bout bad graphics :) )

Back
Top Bottom