Frustrating Wireless problems.

chrisl0

Baseband Member
Hello again, its been a long time since I been here. Anyway I been have this problem with my wirelss connection for awhile but it seems to be getting worse. Once a day (Usually at night) I get temporally disconnected from my router. Funny thing it always happens when we get phone calls. Up until now I would ignore it but now it seems to be happening every time we get a call. Also my speed and signal strength drop after a connection has been reestablished for awhile.

So I remember people having wireless issues with 2.4 Ghz Wireless phones and routers interfering with each other. So I need to know what to do? I hear you can change the channel for your wireless network but does this work and how do I do it? Thanks.

My Router and Wireless card:

Router: Linksys WRT54GS Wireless Router.

Networking Card: Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with Speedbooster WUSB54GSC

Edit: I just noticed my phone works on the 5.8 GHz spectrum, so now I am totally lost.

Not sure about the US setups, but do you have to use filters over there? f so, then it could be a problem with that, if your only having problems when someone rings.

You mean like a DSL filter that you put on your phones to filter the noise? Possibly but I use a Cable connection to get my broadband.

If you have cable, then no, you don't need the filters. Try switching the channel you have your wireless router broadcasting on.

Yea I am just wondering how do I change the channel? How far should I move it? Will it have any effect on my computers that have their wireless cards set to its present channel?

Back
Top Bottom