Virus that i cant locate

Rogued

Baseband Member
Hello. About a week ago after i installed a few programs i started getting message from dr watson. Every time i will like click on video files to open it'. The message is that the program is being shutdown to help protect ur system. Click for more details.then i click and it says something about a thread or virus that is trying to use memory that windows should use ect' but yet a run a system. Scan with avast and avg but nothing.what is it' . The programs that i recenty installed was pinnacle, mobile phone tooles, kodac pack. I dont want to re format my whole drive.thanks

It could just be the fact that the video your trying to view has a virus imbedded in it, or that a virus has attatched itself to the program your using to view the video with.

also, try scanning your hd in safe mode..

No it does that with every video file. And i dont even have to open it just have to right click then i get that message from dr watson. But if i use windows. Task manager to open the video files or to right click on them it opens fine. Weird. I saw that dr watson said something about windows explorer. I think thats the program that windows are closing. And thats just plain weird. Cause i would of thought it power dvd like u said ect'. But will try the scan in safe mode. Thanks

Hi i did run a virus scan in safe mode and spybot. Did get some stuff removed it but still have the problem though. Have to open all my video files through windows tasks. Then it opens without any problem though.but the thing that puzzles me is the fact that dr watson doesn't close the video files but rather windows explorer. And it also says that windows explorer has recovered from a series error.any help will be gladly excepted.i dont want to format my drive! Plz plz!

Back
Top Bottom