How Bad is My Computer?

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
First of all my computer is 5 years old and i think it needs a complete overhaul.

Power Supply: Unknown :(
CPU:Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHz
Ram: Was 512MB, Now is 1Gb Kingston
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128Mb
Hard Drive: 38GB Unknown Brand :(
Sound card: Onboard sound card Unknown :(
Motherboard: Completely Unknown :(
CD Drives: One CD-RW Unknown Speed and One DVD Drive 12x or 16x Speed

It may seem that I have no idea why i need a complete overhual but my computer can get so bad with viruses and just i have to delete everything and reinstall my OS again. If anyone out there has any programs that can scan a computer to see what it has in it that would be great.

Also i have run into a major problem with my OS and fount that I can't install SP2 on it at all. Without that i had a good time trying to install Vista.

I have a good Computer I am thinking to buy at Tigerdirect.com and want to know if it is a good system. And please i am in need of this because in the gaming world there are mean people that like to hack WoW players. I got hacked and I refuse to play on this computer in fear of KEYLOGGERS :eek:

Any help is Greatly Appreciated.

It's not TOO terrible. I still have a 2.0 P4 512MB machine running strong (and it's a Dell too!). If I were you I'd throw in like a 7800 AGP card and add a hard drive, maybe change out the disc drive, and call it a day. Wouldn't be too expensive.

Hmmmm it is quite ok but i just cant give up the tigerdirect deal

Visionman Intel Dual Core Gaming PC - Intel PD 935 3.2Ghz, 1GB DDR2-667, NVIDIA 7300GS 512MB, 250GB SATA-2 HDD, 20X DVDRW w/Lightscribe,Media Reader, Logitech DT & Speakers, No OS, 585 Watt PSU

Its just a great combo and all for $750 with shiping and a one year on site warranty

ok u have me with the prices but for the video card whick would u go with if u had 2Gb of Ram a 256Mb or a 512Mb

Don't really pay attention to the vid card ram, usually it doesn't make much of a difference. Also I'd at least grab a 7600 since they are so reasonably priced now, I would never own a 7300. 256 will certainly get the job done, I got a 512 7900GT KO since it was almost as good as a GTS for a few less.

Edit: whoops this is D-Lew again, I keep forgetting not to use my bro's computer. :p

ok Thanks now a few more things
1. How much Hard disk space would u go for?
2. I also need to get a good sound card, any good brands out there?
3. Power supplys i have troble with.....

Back
Top Bottom