Harry Potter fans

Wont be long now before the little wizard works his magic for the last time:(
I don't want it to end , it brought out the child in me lol, I go into the zone as people say when reading harry potter, a bit of genius by J.K.ROWLING and an inspiration to children growing up, dreams do come true, I wish!!!.

Wont be long now before the little wizard works his magic for the last time:(
I don't want it to end , it brought out the child in me lol, I go into the zone as people say when reading harry potter, a bit of genius by J.K.ROWLING and an inspiration to children growing up, dreams do come true, I wish!!!.

Isn't he going to look a little old in this one?

Isn't he going to look a little old in this one?

To be honest David I don't know, if he is you know more than me, I haven't been following the reports about the new book only that it is released next month book 7 comes out on July21 in the UK.

Well, as any person who has read the books would agree, the experiences are extremely different. With the books, the person reading them is more fully immersed in the surrounding, as he has the description of anything note-worthy right there. Also, the reader has more of a leeway of how to imagine things. My view of Harry were not how Daniel Radcliffe performs him at all (not to insult Dan, who is a great actor).

Also, when you read, you actually know what is cannon, and will have a better time speculating about future books. That and the books are MUCH more detailed.

But to each his own.

The films are not a patch on the books, plus they miss loads out thats in the books:(

Well, as any person who has read the books would agree, the experiences are extremely different. With the books, the person reading them is more fully immersed in the surrounding, as he has the description of anything note-worthy right there. Also, the reader has more of a leeway of how to imagine things. My view of Harry were not how Daniel Radcliffe performs him at all (not to insult Dan, who is a great actor).

Also, when you read, you actually know what is cannon, and will have a better time speculating about future books. That and the books are MUCH more detailed.

But to each his own.

Absolutly correct, here here

Yeah, thanks blackjack. The thing is that the people that watch the movies are seriously missing out. I see how watching the movie after reading the book makes sense, because it is good to see how other people imagine the things in the books. However to just watch the movies gives you only a one sided, highly biased view into the books. You do not see nearly as many side plots and a lot of things that are very major are completely cut out. (Read: Hagrid's half-giant blood plot is taken out, so how will they explain the trip he takes at begining of OotP).

After reading the books you feel like you yourself have been inside Hogwarts and lived with the characters, while the movies just amuse you for two and a half hours, and then you are left with no lasting feelings.

Oh and, Dudley is blonde!

The only trouble with the film versions is they tend to over do it, to lure people into watching them, but by over dramatising things they take the edge off the film and make it stupid in someway, the only true films from books that i have seen that are good are Band of brothers and Schindlers list.

Back
Top Bottom