Widescreen times 2

PuNkY

In Runtime
Finally got my 2nd monitor today. Heres a pic:
66o007r.jpg

Widescreen X 2! Its amazing. Thanks too the people who told me to get dual screens.:)

Whos else here has a dual screen setup. If you do post a picture, I'd like to see.:D

Wow that looks amazing, what are the dimensions on them? They look like 22"s

I also have a dual-screen set up, except it is a widescreen and a regular full screen. Not as kick-butt as yours, but it is really helpful when I need more space. I don't have any pictures, sorry.

Posts like this make me ask myself. When monitors have their annual gathering do the regular monitors call themselves shallowscreen or thinscreen?

I have one. Here's an older pic of mine:
dscf0542sy6.jpg

I've moved since then and now have a different desk. I'll post a newer pic of mine in the workstation gallery once I find the camera and can find some time to take a pic.
The monitor on the left is a samsung syncmaster 731B, it's the newer of the two. I got it for 179 at best buy this past christmas season which isn't a bad price IMO, but there are cheaper. The second is an Acer AL1714 which is about a year and a half old, I got it for christmas almost two years ago and its been a great monitor.

I've always wondered, how do you get dual monitors to work? If you have 2 can you use one for web browsing and the other for other apps? or whats the purpose of dual monitors?. kinda a n00bish question i know but i've always wondered

To get dual monitors to work you can just go to your monitor settings where you find the place to change your resolution and stuff. You can also do it through your video card.

If you have two you can do any two things at once (at long as your computer can handle it). Right now I'm watching a movie, typing this, and playing online poker.

I've always wondered, how do you get dual monitors to work? If you have 2 can you use one for web browsing and the other for other apps? or whats the purpose of dual monitors?. kinda a n00bish question i know but i've always wondered

Well 1st you would need a video card that supports dual screens. Most video cards these days come with it.

And yes you can browse the web on 1 screen and have another program in the 2nd screen.

Its really cool. If your the kinda person who always has to switch between windows, I would get dual screens. Its amazing how much faster I get work done now.

Back
Top Bottom