:(

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
man...today's sucked:( . i'm going to have to put down all my chickens...which, sounds kinda lame to get sad about but i've had them things since i was a kid, when i was little it was how i made money was selling eggs to folks...but yeah some family bought me 2 hens from a hispanic family last week and i didn't know it but they were sick and one of them died. but only before infecting the rest of my chickens....and they are to far gone to be treated....so yeah i'm kinda bummed out...

oh well but on the bright side it finally rained today, after about 3 months of no real significant rainfall.

Wow, that suck, I know what you mean when you have to put your animal down, you should talk to that family that sold those infected hens.

I feel for you man...whereabouts do you live??

I live on my family's farm in Alabama. but thanks dude, it's all good though. I plan on rebuilding my chicken fleet once i scrape up enough to build a new coop and buy some layin hens:)

Alabama's a nice place, never been there myself though.

Sounds like a good idea, how expensive are chickens??

Alabama's a nice place, never been there myself though.

Sounds like a good idea, how expensive are chickens??

yep it is a pretty nice place...haha awful rural though lol

chickens really aren't expensive...it kinda depends on the breed mostly, but for some of the ones i had if you buy them as little day old chicks from catalogs they are maybe $2.50 $3.00 a piece...but thats or females, you can buy them "straight run" which is you may order 20 chickens for 1.20 a piece and you don't know the gender, you could have 19 females and one male or any other combo. those are cheaper to buy but you usually get alot of males...which nobody wants unless they plan on trying to hatch chicks. that and it takes a long time to get them mature, about 6 months for the hens to start laying. but to buy a full grown laying hen they are about $11-$12 a piece. i only had maybe 8 to 10 chickens...that was about all i could handle! when you get between 4-6 eggs a day they pile up awful fast lol

Back
Top Bottom