How do you feel about this?

It would have been funny as a joke if it ended after
"Dear Concerned Student:

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,
God"

But they HAD to drag it on and put their own beliefs into it, meanwhile killing the humor.

Exactly. Just more right-wing bullsh!t. There is a reason why we have seperation between church and state. For a good reason too.

I tend to agree. While I don't believe religion should be forced on everyone like some evil right-wing person or whatever, prove to me that the basic morals, or ten commandments, are wrong as a moral guideline. Also, my parents took out the belt when I did something stupid and I think I turned out alright. I also happen to have a very good relationship with them. There are some cases though (like at Burger King the other day) where I think "That's just wrong." Like when I saw this fat redneck lady leaning into her minivan, cussing at her crying baby, telling it to shut up or she will beat it. That crosses the line. But that's not proper punishment.

That being said, I also happen to think that a lot of this has to do with the apathy of our current generations. People who don't care enough to properly raise their kids. I do agree with the comment on "experts" in the writing, it seems like one random person will say something, without a lot of agreement or support in the scientific community. It's so outrageous it gets media attention, gets out to the public, and they believe it without thinking for a second. I don't like that at all.

Exactly. Just more right-wing bullsh!t. There is a reason why we have seperation between church and state. For a good reason too.

yeah religion isnt the answer to everything , but if people want to turn to religion in as time of hardship because they feelit gives them something then good luck to them but i dont think religiono should be forced on young children in school as i dosent give them a chance to make there own mind up

well here is what I think.
All the stuff said above is well.. stupid.
Sorry but that is the way I feel.

You don't need to be a religious person.
You don't need your parents spanking your ass everytime you do something wrong.
You don't need to copy everything they do in TV.
What you need to do is think with your own mind.

It's not the fact that people don't read bible, it's not the fact that there are movies. It's the fact that there are some pretty god damn stupid people.
It's not the TV's fault, it's certainly not because they don't read the bible.(ever thought about how many people have been killed because of religion?)

Stuff like this happens because there are stupid people who appear to be unable to think at all, and seriously most of them seem to be coming from the same country. (no offence, but seriously, even the list of school shootings kinda proves it)

well said couldnt agree more

Sounds like some right wing BS and their going to try to reinstate religion into public schools.

you cant put anything religous into schools because you are not allowed to use goverment money to support religous activites inside of the united states PERIOD.

Yeah, I'm sure we all know that. Seperation between church and state has been going on for a good while now and hopefully it'll stay that way.

I tend to agree. While I don't believe religion should be forced on everyone like some evil right-wing person or whatever, prove to me that the basic morals, or ten commandments, are wrong as a moral guideline. Also, my parents took out the belt when I did something stupid and I think I turned out alright. I also happen to have a very good relationship with them. There are some cases though (like at Burger King the other day) where I think "That's just wrong." Like when I saw this fat redneck lady leaning into her minivan, cussing at her crying baby, telling it to shut up or she will beat it. That crosses the line. But that's not proper punishment.

That being said, I also happen to think that a lot of this has to do with the apathy of our current generations. People who don't care enough to properly raise their kids. I do agree with the comment on "experts" in the writing, it seems like one random person will say something, without a lot of agreement or support in the scientific community. It's so outrageous it gets media attention, gets out to the public, and they believe it without thinking for a second. I don't like that at all.

i completely agree, +1. my parents were the same way, they never abused me but they taught me right from wrong. and when ever i acted up or did something they told me not to do there has to be a consequence, you can't just let little ones always have their way and do what ever they want, spanking them isn't abusive....some of the crap i hear kids say now-a-days is just plain disrespectful.

A lot of the kids these days talk like they're gangbangers, to be frank. You would be amazed what the freshmen and sophomores are like at my school. It's a school that's 70% Asian and 23% White and 7% Other. So you have quite a few of those wannabe gangsters that act like they know all the shit in the world, they talk like they're gonna go bang some girls or whatnot, when realistically they can't even get a girlfriend because of the way the view women. I find it funny and pathetic to be honest...

This has been said on shows and stuff, but the problem with the teen generation (which I'm a part of) is that there's no structure. Parents don't discipline their kids anymore. I see it all the time. I'm not saying parents should beat their kids whenever they do something out of line, I'm just saying that parents should try to be PARENTS, and not their kids friends. I've known people where their parents were more like friends to them, I'm glad my parents aren't like that because now that I look back and I talked to that person recently they turned out screwed up while I think I turned out pretty decent. When I was little and I did something that deserved a spanking, I got one. Now you can't even spank your kids, which is just stupid.
I think that kids who had structure and whose parents actually cared enough about them to discipline them seem to turn out better and become more stable. Yeah I've been mad at my parents for being to strict, but it's also a two way street. If I don't get in to trouble or anything, my parents won't be so hard on me.
As for the ten commandments, even if you're not religious I think that as you said they're at least a good moral guideline. If we followed those then things wouldn't be so bad.

A lot of the kids these days talk like they're gangbangers, to be frank. You would be amazed what the freshmen and sophomores are like at my school. It's a school that's 70% Asian and 23% White and 7% Other. So you have quite a few of those wannabe gangsters that act like they know all the shit in the world, they talk like they're gonna go bang some girls or whatnot, when realistically they can't even get a girlfriend because of the way the view women. I find it funny and pathetic to be honest...

I can't stand people like that. I know some people like that and it bugs the heck outta me. I don't see anything cool about degrading women or talking about them as if they're objects and not the people that they are. I'd rather be single and have others know I don't have a girlfriend than be one of those cocky people who's single and has to make everyone think he has a girlfriend when in reality he doesn't and with his attitude probably never will. It's pathetic and stupid to say the least.

Now for my thoughts on religion. I'm a religious person, I'm not a hardcore religious person who goes to church seven days a week but I do believe in god, but I also believe in science because there's no denying some of the scientific evidence out there. I also believe that as a society, people shouldn't be forced to believe one way or the other. I live in the south, some call it the bible belt. Most of the towns around here practically shut down on sunday and the big stores such as walmart open at around 1:30. You can't even buy alcohol on sunday. The problem I have with those things is I believe it's not only a backwards society in the year 2007, but it's also indirectly forcing people to be religious. I believe that if people want to buy alcohol on sunday or go shopping at 10:00AM sunday they should be able to.

Back
Top Bottom