Help Dont Know My Windows Login Password

NeMMeN

Baseband Member
Okay so I recently changed my Windows login password, and I wrote the password down on a piece of paper but now I don't know where that piece of paper is at. Is there a way for me to bypass the password without having to reformatting?

restart in safe mode. if you havent fiddled about with the admin account then it shouldnt have a password and you should have admin access, where you can create a new user. theres programs to bypass it but i dunno if i can tell you about them here

In future you might wanna create a password reset disk, it takes 2 mins and would save this hassle.:)

Okay so I recently changed my Windows login password, and I wrote the password down on a piece of paper but now I don't know where that piece of paper is at. Is there a way for me to bypass the password without having to reformatting?

All you need to do is press control + alt + delete twice which brings up a username & password prompt. Simply enter Administrator in the username field, and leave the password field blank which allows you to log into the Adminiatrator account pre- *built in windows*.

PS their was also a free software which allowed you to gather all the usernames and passwords for all accounts on windows XP. I'll find the link and post it when I do.

Cheers,
0x0161 ;)

You can also go into any admin account and simply delete your password.

but you need to know your old password. unless you do it though net user, i think that works

I've never needed to know it. When I used to share a comptuer with my family, all of us were admins. When I'd get mad at them I would go though my account and delete their password. Windows never once asked what their password was before it was deleted.

Yeah you don't need to know their password to reset or delete it, as long as you are an admin.

However if you completely locked yourself out of windows, theirs still a way.

First off you can use a password reset utility. Emergency Boot CD seems to give me a fairly high success rate. You can download it here http://ebcd.pcministry.com/ and ask for help if needed.

Second off, you can try a password cracker :) Someone like me can get 95% of windows passwords in 5 min (And 99.9% within 24 hours ;) ). My favorite for this is ophcrack, as you can download it, boot off the CD and it will do everything for you (however, has extreme problems with complex passwords)

but you need to know your old password. unless you do it though net user, i think that works

Net user is for something different. BTW, you do NOT need to know the old password as long as YOU have Admin permissions. However, if you have *limited* or *guest* privilages this method will not work.

That software I mentioned for usernames and passwordI believe its l0phtcrack. <--correct me if Im wrong.

im sure net user removes passwords. as i tried it on my lappy at school once. i ended up removing my password and making my account limited. i found some software to fix it but after then i had serious problems so i must have got infected. i had to format :(
anyway..

Back
Top Bottom