Tow internet providers in one house? how to do it

goca

Baseband Member
Hi, i will be moving into a house with some people in a month, they have a broaband internet service running at the house allready. but i want to set up a seperate internet provider for my self and my other firiend, is this possible with one phoneline. and how would i go about doing it? thanx guys

Depends where you live and the local provider i suppose, but in the half dozen countries i have lived/worked in europe it is not possible, you need a second line installed.
If you live in France, i know you can get a 2nd line put in for a nominal fee, maybe 70€, by the state supplier and then have to pay them a monthly fee just to have that telephone line, but here's the good bit... sign up for adsl here and opt for degroupé (unbundled? can't think of the term in english right now) then the ISP takes over your telephone line and offers the monthly charge included free in your ADSL contract so you don't pay any extra. Hope that makes sense....

Baa

One DSL line per telephone line, however as stated above getting a second telephone line you can use another DSL account.

I know a few people here in Britain who have done this, they had to call up their ISPs and they had dealt with them themselves, but i dont really know much in detail, so i would just give your phone provider or ISP or both a ring to find out.

If not you could just buy a faster internet connection and make everybody cash into it

Back
Top Bottom