Dual Boot Windows XP And DOS?

He he he,I want to dual boot XP and DOS 6.2 so i can play all my DOS Favourites properly (Simcity,EGA Trek,Lemmings......),Now i have a FAT Partition set out for it (2gb),Now how do i go about dual booting?

P.s i have dual booted XP With linux and Windows 98 before.

You could use Virtual PC, but you can dualboot anything. But, MS-DOS isn't like Windows 98. Boot.ini isn't present I think.

A dual-boot never existed, right? Everything first booted into DOS. Afterwards, you would have to command it to boot into Windows. There was never a beginning screen to say, "Windows or DOS."

I suppose you're going to need a bootloader for something like this.

GAG is old looking. GRUB is for Linux only. On second thought...GAG is a tool you may use.

If you want to use XP and DOS, you might need all your drives to be FAT16. Then, you can boot from DOS, then type in the Windows loading command.

Yea i could do that,but that means i would have to reinstall everything,if i was going to do that.....I found on the microsoft website that if i install DOS Then XP,It would automatically set everything up for me.So..Ill try it next time i have to reinstall.

I aint used DOS in YEARS!

just wondering, why exactley do you want DOS for? lol

even if you do need it it is a lot easier just to install it into Virtual PC 2007 (FREE), you can get Virtual PC 2007 off the microsoft site.

I use VPC 2007 a lot nowadays as i regularly need to go back to windows 2000 from vista as VB6 and VC++6 dont work :mad:

Back
Top Bottom