If i redesign the look of Linux will it become a separate distribution?

revolutions

Beta member
Right thanks for reading, if i redesign a Linux distribution i.e change flash screen, colours, etc. will it become a separate distribution that i could then offer to the public?

linux is open source anyway so if it did become a new distribution or not i dont think it would matter. if you changed some colours and stuff and also changed the name then i think it could be classed as a separate distribution

It's open source so sort of, but the original programming is still intact and not changed, so it will be the same distro. E.g, people change the look of Windows all the time, but they can't sell that on can they lol

but Windows isn't open source where Linux is meaning any changes that i make makes it different from the original mawing a separate distro

You could practically use Ubuntu OS, replace the Icons and Ubuntu stuff with yours and call it yours. With the Windows kernel, you're probably getting sued.

You could practically use Ubuntu OS, replace the Icons and Ubuntu stuff with yours and call it yours. With the Windows kernel, you're probably getting sued.

thats sort of what I'm talking about but i will be changing a lot more of the features. but if i did do what you suggested would it be ok for me to make it public?

Back
Top Bottom