Wireless router...causing webcam problems

SirChick

Solid State Member
I believe from my little knowledge.. MSN uses UPnp port for webcams ? Now my new router is not allowing me to connect to people on msn using my webcam. It connected to one person all the way in the USA im in Uk.. this is a problem for me and i want it fix... but no absolutely nothing about this.... this pc is wired to the router...... so its not wireless.. the other pc's in the house are wireless but they are fine its mainly this main pc im concered about.

Any 1 know what i need to do ?

im confused, what exactly is wrong. you say you can talk to someone in the usa but whys that a problem?

The first sentence says:

MSN uses UPnp port for webcams ? Now my new router is not allowing me to connect to people on msn using my webcam.

I cant webcam with people basically cos it wont connect to some one. I can talk to them but not connect webcam to them. I have manange to connect to one person in the USA with the webcam but no one else

So the wireless pcs are having no problems, but the wired pc is? That would sugest a problem with the wired pc, and not the router, because the wireless ones are ok.

oh sorry i didnt understand it before :p
yea. its got to be the settings on the computer thats hardwired. try checking the nic properties.

No i didnt say it worked on the wireless pc's i have not tested them cos they wont use the webcam. Sorry i must of worded the first post badly lol.

But i dont know where to access the NIC properties? I dont know much on computers..

well you should check on the wireless pc's just to see if it is the router thats the problem. if it is then you may need to go into the router setup, if not go into network connections, right click your nic and go to properties and see what you can find

if it is then you may need to go into the router setup, if not go into network connections, right click your nic and go to properties and see what you can find

whats a nic ?

I find loads of settings but dont know what any of them mean i aint a computer expert im illiterate at pcs lol to some degree anyway.

nic= network interface controller. its just basically your network card in your pc. most pc's only have 1 so it shouldnt be hard to find in network connections, although you might get a 1394 connection in there or something but ignore that. id still try the webcams on the other pc's first and go from there

Back
Top Bottom