New Case ?

umm heres a Q? u knowthat fan sort of sticks out to the side yeah as in its pretty square apart from 1 side which pokes right out ???

well 1 side of my current heat Sink + fan i have my RAM the other side i have my PSU then the other 2 sides look pretty clear what im askin is can u choose where bouts the fan sits cozon 1 side all i have is the chipset and my graphics card which there is alot of room for supposing the fan site about 120mm above u mobo ???? hope u get wot i mean i have cpu socket then in 1 direction about 100mm away from that i have my chipset but the chipset is only about 120mm high so wud the fan sit over the top of it ??

Here's an picture of how it installs in my motherboard. It's ATX form factor. The memory sits to the right of it and the fan is above the top of them so even if it was too close, it would touch them.

Dunno if that helps at all. One problem I did have though is my northbridge heatsink was in the way of it. To be honest though, the original one that came with the motherboard was way way to big, far larger than normal and was also passively cooled. If your northbridge has a fan on it's heatsink, it'll be a lot smaller. I replaced mine with another passive cooling one, with 4 heatpipes and loads of fins for silent overclocking but it's towered, instead of being spread across the motherboard if you get what I mean.

dsc00152ui2.jpg

The tuniq tower 120, or scythe infinity are the two best air coolers on the market

so the fan has to face your RAM ? if so does it stick out alot further than a standard 775 heatsink + fan ??

ps that mobo looks a lil small for ATX u sure its not micro ? (dnt mean to patronise your knoledge) :(

so the fan has to face your RAM ? if so does it stick out alot further than a standard 775 heatsink + fan ??

ps that mobo looks a lil small for ATX u sure its not micro ? (dnt mean to patronise your knoledge) :(

No, it doenst have to.

it may look micro because the pic is cut off, but no.

Nahh, lol. It's just that the case fan on the left is a big 12cm one, and the length of the graphics card is somewhat hidden due to the IDE cables. The motherboard is ATX. Just that the HS/Fan is a biggy. Anyway, if the motherboard that the HS/Fan is going to be installed into is ATX as well, and not micro ATX, then it won't interfer with the memory, and yes, it is fitted with the fan side to the memory, but the air is blown into the fins, i.e, from right to left in my picture, then exhasted from the case by the 12cm fan.

The tuniq tower 120, or scythe infinity are the two best air coolers on the market

The Tuniq Tower 120 got an "approved" award and the Scythe infinity got a "Approved Premuim" award in a group test in my PC Bible, Custom PC.

The Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro also got a "Approved Premuim" award and cooled the best out of the 3. Difference? The price, the other two are more than twice the price. Nuff said.

http://www.custompc.co.uk/ Goto "Labs" on the left hand side, followed by "CPU Coolers". Think he's made a sound choice.

Jeese! You have practiaclly no airflow!

Now, to the subject.
If you want to get a better heatsink, clean out the wires so it would be clean, and try to see if you can add a fan in front.

Jeese! You have practiaclly no airflow!

Now, to the subject.
If you want to get a better heatsink, clean out the wires so it would be clean, and try to see if you can add a fan in front.

LOL, that was me who posted the pic, lol, not the thread starter. Anyway, I've plenty of airflow. I can't put those wires anywhere else, but two fans at the front drag some air in, and the 12cm one drags plenty out. My CPU at load doesn't ever go above 38 Degrees and it's o/ced to 3.2GHz, so it definately gets plenty of air.

No, it doenst have to.

it may look micro because the pic is cut off, but no.

so if i wanted to i could face the fan outwards towards his graphics card im just a little worried coz im pretty sure he got a MATX board

i suppose im just gonna have to do what i always do buy it for him and if it dnt work send it back if it does then he gives me the cash for it

(+ an extra 5er or 10er u know how it works ;) )

Back
Top Bottom