Vista

TK MODS

In Runtime
I'm gunna start building my computer and i am gunna put vista on it. What are some requirements that i need to run Vista?

vista needs a lot of ram it needs about 1gb of ram and a 2.0 ghz proccer as the min. though i prefer windows XP as windows vista isn't compatible with a lot of programs and it uses like 350 page file ram just to run windows vista, on the other hand, XP only uses about 30 page file ram on its min.

windows Vista minimum requirements are 512 MB of ram and i think an 800 Mhz processor. If you have a version with Aero (Home premium or Ultimate) you will need a decent video card.

I would recommend no less than one gig of RAm, although it does run resonably on 512 MB. As for the processor, i too would recommend nothing less than a 2.0 Ghz processor.

As for programs not being compatable, that isn't much of an issue any more. the big thing is anti-viruses, but all the major ones have patches to make what you have work. THe only thing i know not to work at all on Vista 64-bit is Itunes.

Make sure you have enough RAM. Hard drive space isn't a big must, but it's definately a plus. Just installation requires at least 15GB because of temporary installation files. Processing power isn't as important, but generally the more powerful your hardware, the more enjoyable the experience.

You are best off with 2 gig of ram I used to run it on 1 Gig and while it did run fine I find it needs 2 gig to be really fast with sidebar widgets and aero

I had been runing vista on 1gb, but once I upgraded to 2gb it was a huge difference, I thought. I would highly suggest 2gbs, I just bought a 2gb set of G. skill for $95, good buy, considering I spent $95 on my first stick of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom