I was trying to upgrade from xp home to xp pro, but...

Yea, it is a legit disc, bought it last year. I haven't tried to clean the cd player. Will a home theater cd cleaner work, because that's the only one I have? I ran the cd on start up too and it said the aulb9w84.sys was missing and i had to abort and restart. To further explain the install: I put the cd in the computer, hit install xp pro, hit upgrade (so i don't have to loose all my files), type the product number in, and a few seconds later the error message pops up. Couldn't I just download the file and put in the C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT folder?

Why does this website keep saying my message is too short?

try installing a clean install of xp home then run the upgrade again...takes a bit of time but maybe something is screwed uo in your current install.

Is there anyway to repair the xp home without a clean install? Cuz I have way to much stuff stored on here to backup.

It sounds like you either have a dodgy disc (it can happen, even with originals)try the disc on another computer and see what happens, or a dodgy drive. If you have a spare drive then try swapping it.

Back
Top Bottom