Vista ?

obar

Beta member
First I would like to say I know very little about computers!!!! question (may be dumb) but here it is, I downloaded from XP to Vista, i seem to have lost some software in the process ie: word, my task launcher, and many others, is this normal, and if so can I purchase this software in the Vista format? I hope someone understands what I mean, Thanks Obar

ok do you mean you upgraded to vista from xp . i think you od
in which case the vista installation would have most likely deleted all you programs and data when you installed it

you must re install the software either from the cd's or downloads you origonaly got them from

you dont need any special version of word for vista , i think you may need office 2007 though which you can buy from many places

office 2003 will work and so will 2007. its personal preference. vista shouldnt touch any software or documents unless you did a format, re installed on another partition or they have just become buggered. just re install it all if you can

I thin what he is saying Is he used an update CD and when It transfered over he lost all of the office progs and other such progs. BTW if thats what you are talikng about then No, I had all my office carried over when I used an update disk, If you have the original setup disk for Office just use that.

I thin what he is saying Is he used an update CD and when It transfered over he lost all of the office progs and other such progs. BTW if thats what you are talikng about then No, I had all my office carried over when I used an update disk, If you have the original setup disk for Office just use that.

ace777, Thanks a lot. I really did not explain myself very well, (sorry) but you figured it out, I took your advise and everything is OK, I was a little worried at first, Thanks to all who took the time to help me out, As I stated, I am not very good at computers, (age) but I am learning, and sometimes I have to ask a question, Thanks again, O-Bar

p.s. I think maybe Brian has fell off that goldwing one to many times.

ace777, Thanks a lot. I really did not explain myself very well, (sorry) but you figured it out, I took your advise and everything is OK, I was a little worried at first, Thanks to all who took the time to help me out, As I stated, I am not very good at computers, (age) but I am learning, and sometimes I have to ask a question, Thanks again, O-Bar

p.s. I think maybe Brian has fell off that goldwing one to many times.

yes you just have to reinstall office. just find the cd that you bought. reinstall it using the key. the key can be used 5 times or so. so no worries, unless it was a trial. i dont understand ace though he said it is an update but it deleted programs? i dont think it was an update it might have been clean.

o bar, did you lose any of your files too? (the files that you saved with microsoft word like your typed stuff) and do you still have your programs (such as aim, messenger, limewire, virus scanners/spyware and games et cetera?)

:D

Nice to see someone who actually knows what it is.

Brian, The Goldwing is a GREAT Bike!!!! I ride a BMW, (have ridden many in my day) I think the next is an ST1300,

juicerance9, Thanks for your interest and consern! What happen was I purchased a laptop before Xmas and was entitled to a "Vista" Upgrade, when it arrived they suggested a "clean upload" (forgive my computer lingo) so I deleted my computer, In doing so I lost alll my office software, many of the tools I use everyday, I was very disapointed, I just took it for granted it was lost, and thought I would have to buy software (that would explain the reason for Vista, (a money maker) as I see very little advantage), After some fooling around and the help I recieved here It is running great, I almost forgot , muz379, Your advise was also right on, thanks O-Bar

Back
Top Bottom