I'm pretty sure I have a virus

Akaborn2kikass

Solid State Member
I can't open anything in my computer, nothing in my desktop, I can't even click start. I tried downloading Avg,Norton and other virus protections but I can't open it. I don't know what to do. If your wondering how I got into Firefox, I signed in aim and a window of aim poped up so I just change the website. I need help!!!! Also I am using Windows XP I can't even system restore because i can't click start. I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

First off, dont use Norton. Norton may aswell be a virus.. depending on what version its a right recourse hog. Didnt you have a firewall/AV at the time? Have you booted your computer into safe mode and tryed from there (press F8 when windows boots)? Have you got a XP disk to just completely reformatt?

Download NOD32 from eset.com. And download hijackthis. Then boot into safe mode like steff said and install/run them and see what they find. Post the hijackthis log here.

There is a bug in norton. go to www.noadware.net and download noadware, scan your computer PM me if any problems (dont be scared if you get a massive list of cookies there harmless) and a good anti-virus is Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 it is a very good program has on guard protection and PM me if you need help with anything for example getting a code for it, i brought it and i have one. PM me if any problems.

First off, dont use Norton. Norton may aswell be a virus.. depending on what version its a right recourse hog. Didnt you have a firewall/AV at the time? Have you booted your computer into safe mode and tryed from there (press F8 when windows boots)? Have you got a XP disk to just completely reformatt?
Dont get norton, it suks! get Nod 32 or sumthin and ad-aware SE personal edition and spybot search and destroy. Start in safe mode.

howd you get 2 AIM???:cool:

always I repeat always have an AV> installed with AVG which is free you have no reason not to have it,next DL/a good free F/W such as Zone alarm Free also,CCleaner is a good spyware,hijacker cleaner ,yep free again,none of these use a lot of resources so you have no reason to ever get a virus or hijack/dialer ,GO now and DL these then worry no more,PS.do a clean install if you have been running without an AV in placeJMHO>Marvin

There is a bug in norton. go to www.noadware.net and download noadware, scan your computer PM me if any problems (dont be scared if you get a massive list of cookies there harmless) and a good anti-virus is Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 it is a very good program has on guard protection and PM me if you need help with anything for example getting a code for it, i brought it and i have one. PM me if any problems.
How can you recommend that POS, take a look at some reviews.
http://www.castlecops.com/r286-NoAdware.html

Back
Top Bottom