Awsome, have you seen...

Ditto, saves alot of CDs since, now that Raffaz made notice of it, you can't free up space on it. Although it works nice for multi-session backups.

He's correct.............
I haven't tried it yet but if you check out the formatting options on the CD/DVD burner drive this is what you get..........this is with a CD-R disk!

**You left click on the drive with the blank CD-R installed then you click on formatting options to get this menu.

Vista%20CDR%20Option.jpg

Did I mention Vista is awesome! :D

hmm... try putting a blank CD, open up what used to be my computer, double click the drive to bring up the formatting options. Thats how i got the thing to come up, see if it works for you.
When I insert a blank disc, one of those things happens:

(a) I get a BSOD. (most frequent)
or (b) Nothing happens. Then, when I click on my burner's drive in Computer, it says to enter a disc.

^^ proof! i thank you. Would you be able to try seeing what happens when you delete a file?

Okay I tried it.............

Looks to me you can add files and you can delete files just like a flash drive.............but, you keep chewing away at the total space available.
So, once you've added and deleted the maximum size of the disk your done.

Kind of cool anyway...........but definitely not the same as a flash drive.

You can add to my rep for all this work! :D

Il check it myself later when i get time, its got to be using up more and more disc space, im going to bed now. I know you guys like vista, but it cant do something thats impossible. I know its good but its not that good:D

EDIT

Looks like Brian has confirmed what i said, no need for me to check now:)

Okay I tried it.............

Looks to me you can add files and you can delete files just like a flash drive.............but, you keep chewing away at the total space available.
So, once you've added and deleted the maximum size of the disk your done.

Kind of cool anyway...........but definitely not the same as a flash drive.

You can add to my rep for all this work! :D

Awsome. Once Raffaz mentioned it about the CD-r now being re-writeable i kinda figured the space would run out. were you able to add/remove on XP? or did you not try?

Lol and i already did after the first one.

Awsome. Once Raffaz mentioned it about the CD-r now being re-writeable i kinda figured the space would run out. were you able to add/remove on XP? or did you not try?

Lol and i already did after the first one.

Just tried on Vista..............I don't have an XP machine anymore, only two Vista machines! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom